Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Little Bookcase - Sharing a fun project, and our new bookshelves!

I always say, you can never have too many books, just not enough bookshelves.      Levi loves loves loves books and we pick them up at thrift stores whenever we find good ones (which is all the time).  Lately we have been running out of room on our big bookshelf, so it's harder for Levi to put his books back properly without smushing the covers or giving up and laying them across the top of everything. 

So I made some rain gutter bookshelves!  I had seen the idea before, at a friends house and all over Pintrest.  I found a blog, Raising Olives, which has a great tutorial.
I also found a neat project, at My Little Bookcase.  The projects aim is to share the love of reading and books.  They have 10 challenges, and the first was to "get creative with your storage", so that was just the kick I needed to actually go out and get the materials for the project.    Its not too late to sign up!  You can read more about the project here.

Levi also enjoyed working with real tools, he helped use the level, measure, mark where the screws go, and hold the shelves in place.   And right away he plopped down on his bed to read. 

Pin It

And speaking of Pinterest, have you followed me on Pinterest yet?
Follow Me on Pinterest
I have lots of Pins on homeschool related links, sewing projects, fun kids stuff, and more!




No comments:

Post a Comment